Get Set For Work
Available in Gold Coast, Ipswich and Townsville
The Get Set For Work program delivers intensive employment and training assistance over 12 months to 15-19 year old early school leavers and disadvantaged young people. The program aims to assist the transition to the workforce, undertaking further education or training or returning to school.
Who does the program support?
Get Set For Work is aimed to assist young Queensland residents aged 15-19 years who either:
- are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance, or
- require complementary services because they have significant barriers to learning and employment, or
- have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed.
Priority is provided for young people who have already left school or who are at risk of disengaging from school.
What type of job can you get after completing the program?
What does the program include?
Artius Foundation's Get Set For Work Program includes:
- Participation in Reach Your Potential, an evidence-based life and work skills program delivered by psychologists. RYP takes a positive psychology approach to building focus and readiness for work as well as developing resilience skills.
- Participation in Certificate II Skills for Work & Vocational Pathways, a foundational certificate qualification enhancing participant skill-set in readiness for employment participation.
- Participation in Work Skills Workshops with a dedicated Employer Engagement Specialist providing tailored support to assist participants to prepare and secure job placement through connections to employers, businesses and industry.
- Post Placement Support to assist with retention of work placements via facilitating intervention, advocacy, reconnection and continuity.
When can I start?
Artius Foundation has designed the Get Set For Work programto allow participants to start at anytime.
Participants can also restart or make-up components of the program they have missed. Artius Foundation's Skilling Queenslanders for Work Specialist will aid in tutoring, coaching and mentoring participants to assist them to reach their potential.
If you'd like to register for Skilling Queenslanders for Work - Get Set For Work click on the button below